House Manager - £Neg
Marlin recruitment is looking to hire House Manager for an extremely unique position within a charitable Community House based in Battersea, London.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years experience working within formal private households, preferably with a background in finance and business administration as the main parameters of the role included supervising staff, managing a budget, administration, maintenance and liaison with visitors and contractors.
- Reporting to The Rector
- Take charge of all communications for the household, with a focus on hospitality and professionalism across all forms of medium.
- Manage all household staff on an individual level through-out their employment from recruitment, induction, training and development in conjunction with the Rector and the Provincial Office.
- Manage all household staff on a collective basis with regards to rotas, annual leave, overtime, etc.
Take on responsibility for the Community House finances:
- Ensure the effective management of financial systems, petty cash, payment of wages and financial administration in compliance with financial regulations in consultation with Provincial Office.
- Manage expenditure from the budget – with regular reporting regarding financial status, spending, preparing annual reports, etc.
- To maintain the property internally and externally on a regular and routine basis, carrying out smaller household maintenance jobs personally and liaising with contractors for larger jobs.
- To regularly undertake risk assessments for the property and key activities in consultation with Provincial Office.
- The ideal candidate needs to exhibit a dedication to community spirit and projects, children’s education as well as hold a recognised knowledge based of the work of Salesians.
When applying for this role, please make sure you meet all the minimum requirements for the position. Please can you ensure that you send an up to date CV. Please note due to the high volume of responses we receive for each position, we may not always get back to you immediately with a response, but will do our very best to get in contact within 48 hours.